The Los Angeles County Fire Department has developed the following guides to help you create a defensible space around your home and create action plans in case of wildfire:
- "Ready! Set! Go!" A personal step-by-step wildfire action plan.
- Guide to Defensible Space Ornamental Vegetation Maintenance
- How to Safeguard (Harden) Your Home
Brush Clearance for Wildland Fire Safety
- Clear brush and weeds at least 35 feet from around your structures. Click here to view a YouTube video on brush clearance:
- Keep branches around your home free of dead or dying wood and moss.
- Use fire-resistant materials for building or retrofitting structures.
- Store combustible/flammable materials in approved containers and keep them a safe distance from your home.
- Be prepared to evacuate, See the evacuation section for detailed evacuation preparedness procedures.
Click here to view City of Walnut Fire Department information