In the California State Legislature, Bob served as Vice Chair of the California Assembly Judiciary and the Health Committees. He also served as Vice Chair of the Local Government and Higher Education Committee, as well as being a key member of the Budget, Ethics and Appropriation Committees.
Bob's professional career spans 60 years in business and in the legal profession. For over 40 years, Bob has been the Senior Partner of the law firm, Pacheco & Pacheco, located in the City of Walnut. Bob received a Presidential appointment to the United States Naval Academy Board of Visitors, and in California, Governor Schwarzenegger appointed Bob as California Senior Advisor for Jobs and Workforce Development, and as an Appellate Member of the Cal-OSHA Board of Appeals. Before becoming an attorney, Bob served as an AVP commercial lending officer for a California bank. In addition, Bob and his wife, Gayle, currently own, and successfully operate, a multi-million dollar manufacturing company located in Walnut, California.
Bob is involved in numerous community organizations. He is the founder of the Walnut Valley Educational Foundation, co-founder of the Walnut Humanitarian Medical Mission and The Gabriel Foundation, which sponsors the annual Industry Hills Charity Pro Rodeo. Most recently, he co-founded the newly formed Walnut Valley Symphony Orchestra and Master Chorale. He is also a member of the Industry Manufacturer’s Council and also represents the City of Walnut with the Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Bob has received numerous awards for his legislative and community accomplishments:
- Citizen of the Year Walnut Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Outstanding Partner-President's Award Mt. San Antonio Community College
- Legislator of the Year by the California Community College Administrators
- Legislator of the Year by the Community College Student Association
- Legislator of the Year Faculty Association of California Community Colleges
- Legislator of the Year by the Los Angeles Sheriffs Association
- Community & Professional Service award from Western State University Law School
- Induction into Western State University Law School's Hall of Fame
- Lincoln Clubs Outstanding Contributions Award
- Nettie Humanitarian Award for prevention of HIV/Aids
- Council of American Islamic Relations Legislator Award
Contact Council Member Bob Pacheco.