Mark Your Calendars for the 2017 City of Walnut Family Festival:
Saturday, October 7, 2017
Suzanne Park (625 Suzanne Rd., Walnut CA)
The City of Walnut and the volunteer Festival Committee invite you to join us as we celebrate all that makes Walnut special!
The Festival highlights include a Community Parade, Live Entertainment, Kid’s Fun Zone (with rides, games, petting zoo, kiddy train ride, and other attractions), Food Booths, Arts & Crafts vendors as well as a variety of service clubs, youth organizations, businesses, and environmental services, all aimed at improving your quality of life in Walnut.
Join us for a day of fabulous food, terrific entertainment, wonderful exhibits and lots of fun! Call the Walnut Community Services at (909) 598-5605 for more information. We expect to have a wonderful turnout and hope you can join us!
Follow us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/WalnutFamilyFestival/
- 9:00 am to 10:30 am: Opening Honor Parade (featuring local marching bands, City and local officials, Youth Service Groups and Youth Sport groups). The parade will walk up Suzanne Road from La Puente Road and into Suzanne Park, ending at the Festival Main Stage.
- 10:30 am: Opening Ceremonies @ Suzanne Park
- 11:00 am to 5:00 pm: Kid’s Zone and Live Entertainment @ Suzanne Park
- 11:00 am: International and Dragon Parade @ Suzanne Park
- 12:00 noon: Volunteer Heroes Parade @ Suzanne Park
- 1:00 pm: Dog Parade (Costume Contest) @ Suzanne Park
Entertainment Schedule on the Valley Vista Services Main Stage: Interested in performing in the 2017 Walnut Family Festival? This year's event entertainment will be a Community Showcase. Call Rob Watanabe at 909-598-6200 or email him at email@example.com and find out how you can be included in the line-up.
Schedule to be announced in early September.
Where To Park
- Suzanne Middle School (525 Suzanne Rd.)
- Walnut High School (400 N. Pierre Rd.)
- Walnut Senior Center (21215 La Puente Rd.)
- LA County Library (21155 La Puente Rd.)
- Walnut Gymnasium (21003 La Puente Rd.)
- Walnut Parking Lot A (20983 La Puente Rd.)
- Due to the Community Parade, there will be road closures along La Puente Rd. from Pierre Ave. to Morningside Dr. from approximately 8:30 am to 10:30 am.
- Due to the Festival, Suzanne Rd. will be closed between Marcon Rd. and Fuerte Dr. from 3:00 pm on Friday, October 6 through approx. 11:00 pm Saturday, October 7.
2017 FESTIVAL INFORMATION: VENDORS, BUSINESSES, AND COMMUNITY GROUPS
All applications will be accepted at the Walnut Maintenance Department & Recreation Services Office located at 21701 Valley Blvd. Office hours are 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday (closed Fridays). You may submit your application by:
- Dropping it off in person during the office location/hours listed above
- Mailing it to The Walnut Family Festival P.O. Box 682, Walnut CA 91788-0682
- Faxing it to 909-598-2160
- Emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 FESTIVAL BOOTH APPLICATIONS:
- Food Booth Applications (NON-PROFIT GROUPS ONLY): Please Note: Completed Food Booth Applications with all required Health Department Forms (including proof of current IRS Non-Profit status and Articles of Incorporation)
- Arts & Crafts
- Booth Business Expo Booth
- Community Awareness
- Booth Game Booth
In lieu of the traditional Family Festival Parade along La Puente Road, this year the Family Festival Volunteer Committee is pleased to announce that we will be having a shorter “Honor Parade” to kick off the Festival as well as some "fun-size" parades in the Festival grounds at Suzanne Park.
2017 Honor Parade:
School Marching Bands, Youth Sport Groups and Youth Organizations are invited to join the Walnut City Council, Walnut Commissioners and local Elected and School Officials and Dignitaries as they march up Suzanne Road into the Festival grounds to officially start the fun and festivities of the 2017 Family Festival. This new, short route will be a pedestrian only parade. Click here for an application and route map.
2017 Volunteer Hero Parade:
Local community service organizations and school clubs are asked to select their personal “Volunteer Hero of the Year.” These individuals will be asked to walk with other members of their organization or club in the parade around the Family Festival grounds within Suzanne Park, ending at the Main Stage where they will be presented with a City of Walnut certificate and pin. Click here for an application and route map.
2017 Dog Parade and Costume Contest:
The Walnut Family Festival Dog Parade and Costume Contest is designed to encourage families and individuals to dress up their furry dog friends and walk them around the Family Festival grounds in Suzanne Park, ending up at the Main Stage where the category winners will be announced and recognized. Click here for an application and route map.
1. Best in Show
2. Best Look Alike
3. Most Creative
4. Best Expression of Festival Theme (Home Town Fun)
The Festival Would Not Happen Without Our Sponsors!
Interested in becoming a sponsor of the 2017 Family Festival? If so, see our sponsor guide or call 909-598-5605.
Please join us in thanking the 2016 Family Festival Sponsors.