Mark Your Calendars for the 2016 City of Walnut Family Festival on Saturday, October 8, 2016!
The City of Walnut and the volunteer Festival Committee invite you to join us as we celebrate all that makes Walnut special! Click here for a detailed flyer.
Click here for a list of all Food Booths, Games, Rides, and Vendor Booths at the 2016 Walnut Family Festival.
The Festival highlights include a Community Parade, Live Entertainment, Kid’s Fun Zone (with rides, games, petting zoo, kiddy train ride, and other attractions), Food Booths, Arts & Crafts vendors as well as a variety of service clubs, youth organizations, businesses, and environmental services, all aimed at improving your quality of life in Walnut.
The day kicks off with the annual Pancake Breakfast at Suzanne Park, followed by a parade down La Puente Road. Then the fun and entertainment kicks into high gear at Suzanne Park.
Join us for a day of fabulous food, terrific entertainment, wonderful exhibits and lots of fun! Call the Walnut Community Services at (909) 598-5605 for more information. We expect to have a wonderful turnout and hope you can join us!
- 8:00 am to 10:00 am: Pancake Breakfast Sponsored by the Lions Club @ Suzanne Park
- 10:00 am to 12:00 noon: Parade along La Puente Road from Lemon Ave to Suzanne Road
- 12:00 noon: Opening Ceremonies @ Suzanne Park
- 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm: Kid’s Zone @ Suzanne Park
- 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm: Entertainment @ Suzanne Park.
Entertainment Schedule on the Valley Vista Services Main Stage:
- 12:00 noon – 12:30 pm: Opening Ceremonies
- 12:30 noon - 2:00 pm: The Trip (Top 40’s)
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Steel Imagination (Classic Rock)
- 4:00 pm - 5:45 pm: DSB (Journey Tribute Band)
Entertainment Schedule: Kid's Fun Zone Stage:
- 11:25 am - 11:35 am: Shaolin Temple Exhibition
- 11:45 am - 12:00 noon: Rising Stars Performers
- 12:45 pm - 1:15 pm: Princess Pro Impersonators (Featuring a special sing-a-long by Queen Elsa and Princess Anna)
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm: Live Bird Show (Rainforest Café)
- 2:05 pm - 3:00 pm: Karen’s Kids Performers
- 3:05 pm - 3:25 pm: AK Tae Kwon Do Demonstration
- 3:30 pm - 3:40 pm: Robotics Club Demonstration
Where To Park
- Walnut High School (400 N. Pierre Rd.)
- Walnut Senior Center (21215 La Puente Rd.)
- LA County Library (21155 La Puente Rd.)
- Walnut Gymnasium (21003 La Puente Rd.)
- Walnut Parking Lot A (20983 La Puente Rd.)
- Due to the Community Parade, there will be road closures along La Puente Rd. from Lemon Ave. to Morningside Dr. from approximately 8:45 am to 11:45 am.
- due to the Festival, Suzanne Rd. will be closed between La Puente Rd. and Fuerte Dr. from 3:00 pm on Friday, October 7 through 11:00 pm Saturday, October 8.
The Festival Would Not Happen Without Our Sponsors!
FESTIVAL INFORMATION: VENDORS, BUSINESSES, AND COMMUNITY GROUPS
All applications will be accepted at the Walnut Maintenance Department & Recreation Services Office located at 21701 Valley Blvd. Office hours are 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday (closed Fridays). You may submit your application by:
- Dropping it off in person during the office location/hours listed above
- Mailing it to The Walnut Family Festival P.O. Box 682, Walnut CA 91788-0682
- Faxing it to 909-598-2160
- Emailing it to email@example.com
2017 FESTIVAL BOOTH APPLICATIONS: AVAILABLE SPRING 2017. Call the Walnut Community Services Department at 909-598-5605 to get on our mailing list!
- Food Booth Applications (NON-PROFIT GROUPS ONLY): Please Note: Completed Food Booth Applications with all required Health Department Forms (including proof of current IRS Non-Profit status and Articles of Incorporation)
- Food Booth Information Packet
- Arts & Crafts Booth
- Business Expo Booth
- Community Awareness Booth
- Game Booth
This is a way to let the public know who you are and show your community spirit! Businesses and non-profit organizations can highlight their services and community spirit. Families and neighbors can march together and celebrate their community. Friends can show off their magic by marching together and even have a theme, costumes, or props. Do you own an antique or unique car or simply have some great ideas for decorating your car? This is your chance to shine:
Applications will be available in Spring 2017. Call the Walnut Community Services Department at 909-598-5605 to get on our mailing list!
- Nominate Your Walnut Family Festival Parade Grand Marshal: .
- Businesses/Public Agencies:
- Individuals, Families and Non-Profit Organizations:
- School Bands/Auxiliary Groups: