Brush Clearance for Wildland Fires
The Los Angeles County Fire Department has developed the "Ready! Set! Go!" program, which is a personal step-by-step wildfire action plan. Click here to view the plan.
Practice wildland fire safety
- Clear brush and weeds at least 35 feet from around your structures. Click here to view a YouTube video on brush clearance:
- Keep branches around your home free of dead or dying wood and moss.
- Use fire-resistant materials for building or retrofitting structures.
- Store combustible/flammable materials in approved containers and keep them a safe distance from your home.
- Be prepared to evacuate, See the evacuation section for detailed evacuation preparedness procedures.
Click here to view City of Walnut Fire Department information